Metrofamily NW releases a spring and fall newsletter annually, and they do a terrific job providing great information for apartment owners. The fall 2020 report focused on rent and vacancy levels in the Portland metro area, here is a summary:
- Vacancy rates in the Portland/Vancouver area rose slightly from 4.7% to 5.1% from last spring.
- Rents are flat at $1.76 average per square foot (from $1.75).
- Downtown rents decreased
- Rents in Salem increased 5%
Also Included in the report:
- Rent surveys for Oregon and SW Washington
- Update on laws effecting apartment landlords and tenants
- Sales/transaction data from Patrick Barry of Barry and Associates